‘SHREYAS… MOST BEAUTIFUL’ – 10 day yoga retreat, Karnataka, India.
Shreyas: Translated from Sanskrit…..‘Most Beautiful’…’Excellence’…
Shreyas is a beautifully appointed, exclusive retreat which combines fine living with a spiritual touch, Yoga being the principal medium through which it communicates the message of “living life completely”.
Shreyas aims to demonstrate that Yoga can be learnt and practised by all, irrespective of age, health and faith. It also believes that you do not have to compromise on your creature comforts to get access to authentic teachers and teachings from this eternal, vibrant and universally applicable philosophy.
Life is a journey of self-discovery and Shreyas provides the sacred space needed to retreat, reflect and rediscover yourself to live a more fulfilling, effective and purposeful life.
I have visited Shreyas four times now and each time it has been as beautiful, gentle and restorative as it was the first time I entered its gates.
I have written three reviews on Shreyas and I feel it is now time to share Shreyas with my students and friends and have decided to run a retreat in 2019. An exclusive retreat with only 7 participants.
I have also included a visit to a local school and/or orphanage so one may observe and understand a little about the life in the local area and a full day tour outside of Shreyas.
WHEN: 27 February, 2019
(10 nights, 9½ days)
These days will include:
- Classical Hatha Yoga Sessions
- Restorative Yoga Sessions
- Yoga Nidra & Philosophy
- A selection of yoga facilitators
- A series of Ayurvedic treatments and massages
- Stunning vegetarian cuisine
- A visit to a local school (sponsored and cared for by Shreyas)
- A visit to a local orphanage
- A full-day tour outside of Shreyas
…and much more!
The retreats are themed and are based on ‘The Qualities of Humanity’.
Shreyas is set in 25 acres of pristine countryside and offers a luxurious home away from home. So soothing. So peaceful. It houses a maximum of 25 guests who are cared for by Shreyas carefully trained staff in a secluded, private and serene environment. Belying the idea that a retreat means roughing it out, cottages at Shreyas Retreat are built for absolute comfort.
The accommodation varies but consists of elegant garden cottages with tented canopies, poolside cottages and one 3-bedroom cottage. From its calming façade to the cuisine, yoga classes, spa menus and no-alcohol/no-meat policy, every detail is carefully considered so that guests are provided with optimal opportunities to realise material and mental harmony.
1 hour drive from Bangalore (Bengalaru) Airport.
The Hatha yoga classes, deep relaxation sessions and meditation instruction are experiential and uncomplicated.
These methods are ideal for those who love yoga and practise it regularly to ‘deepen’ their already established yoga practice.
Shreyas is also ideal for beginners and people of all ages, body types, walks of life, professions and dispositions.
If you seek to maintain good health; incorporate relaxation for wellbeing; or restore equilibrium, then this retreat is perfect for you!
Shreyas does not serve alcohol and is a meat-free venue. The cuisine is nourishing, nutritious and delicious.
Tour operated in association with:
creative travel logo
A typical day
6.30am – 8.00am: Hatha Yoga.
8.30am – 9.30am: Breakfast.
9.30am – 10.00am: Meditation.
10.00am – 10.45am: Jala Neti.
10.45am – 11.00am: Rest.
11.00am – 12.00pm: Consultation or Personalised session.
12.15pm – 1.15pm: Ayurvedic Treatment/Massage.
1.15pm – 2.00pm: Lunch.
2.30pm – 3.30pm: Free time.
3.30pm – 4.00pm: Personalised session.
4.00pm – 5.00pm: Hatha Yoga or Yin Yoga or Restorative Yoga led by Annemaree.
5.00pm – 6.00pm: Ayurvedic Treatment/Massage.
6.00pm – 7.30pm: Free time.
7.30pm – 8.30pm: Dinner.
Shreyas Yoga retreat package details
Your package includes:
- 2 Daily Yoga classes
- 2 Ayurvedic and Wellness consultations
- 12 Personalised Ayurvedic Therapies per person
- Personalised Schedule
- Personalised Yoga Instructional Session 1 per room
- Personalised Pranayama Session 1 per room
- Personalised Meditation Session 1 per room
- Personalised Yogic Kriya – Jala neti / Vaman Dhauti
- Personalised inputs on Ayurveda and Wellbeing
- Cooking Class on healthy vegetarian cuisine
- Session on integrating yoga in to daily life
- Community Exercise that involves Farming, Cooking and Feeding group of Children at nearby Village Schools / Orphanage
- 1 Swedish Massage per person
- Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation) session
- (Single & Twin Share available)
- Gourmet Vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) served in the dining area.
- Philosophy – based on The Qualities of Humanity & Healthy Living
- Use of all recreational facilities - Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Bath, Gym, Cricket nets, Library and opportunity to watch one movie per day in Home theatre along with other guests.
- One full-day tour to Mysore
- Late check-out
- Transfers airport/Shreya/airport
Shreyas Yoga retreat costings
$7,775AUD per person twin share
Single Supplement over and above twin share $1990AUD
*Travel insurance is compulsory and is available through Travel Associates.
*An Indian visa will be required. Apply online
- Indian visa fees or passport fees
- Tips. Please note an individual gratuity may be made at the end of the stay (if desired) to be shared collectively amongst the staff or passed on to the orphanage. Tips are not accepted by the Shreyas staff directly. Money does not exchange hands during your stay.
- Ayurvedic medicines if suggested
- Does not include any beverages including mineral water & soft drinks, but does include the daily breakfast juices
- Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, etc.
- Any other meals/services not mentioned in the program. (e.g. lunch whilst on tour).
- Any increase in Tax structure levied by the Govt. of India.
NB: Airfares are not included but the following Singapore Airline flights are recommended so that everyone commences the retreat at the same time. These flights are daily. Business class options are available. You may also like to book independently utilising your Frequent Flyer points.
Singapore Airlines SQ238, Daily Melbourne-Singapore, departs 10.35am arrives 3.15pm
Singapore Airlines SQ502, Daily Singapore-Bengaluru International Airport, departs 8.05pm arrives 9.55pm
Singapore Airlines SQ503, Daily Bengaluru International Airport-Singapore, departs 11.10pm arrives 6.10am (arrives next day)
Singapore Airlines SQ207, Daily Singapore-Melbourne, departs 7.45am arrives 6.10pm
The most direct flights ex Melbourne into and out of Karnataka are via Singapore with Singapore Airlines and Silk Air. The in-flight service is excellent on both airlines. The flight to Singapore ex Melbourne is approximately 7½ hours with a layover of approximately 5 hours and then a connection to Bangalore. Flight time to Bangalore is approximately 4 hours 30 minutes.
Travel Associates will help you and offer you the best fares available. Book early to take advantage of any specials that may be on offer.
Please note, this retreat is strictly limited to 7 people travelling. So please book early.
Assistance and/or advice on inoculations, Indian visa, clothing requirements, yoga attire, dress code and pharmaceutical supplies will be forthcoming.
People/partners who have not practised yoga are warmly welcomed to join us.
A booking form, booking conditions, and deposit refund details will be forwarded to you upon registration.
NB: A deposit of AUD1250 will be required upon registration to secure your place.
Final payment will be due mid January 2019.
We can assist with all pre and post tour extensions.
Prices are current as of 15 May 2018.
This tour is being operated in conjunction with Connelly & Turner Travel Associates, Australia, and Creative Travel, India and Shreya.