“What Is Yoga?”
The word “yoga” essentially means, “that which brings you to reality”.
So, no, it’s not the handstand, or being able to wrap your foot around your neck.
• Yoga postures are not the aspiration.
• Becoming flexible is not the objective.
• Standing on your head is not the purpose.
Postures, (whilst they play a definite part in the overall practice), are perhaps a superficial aspect of this profound discipline of revealing the infinite potentials of the human mind and spirit.
• Yoga creates space, so that you may become ‘unstuck’, disentangling from old tensions, beliefs, habits and structures.
• Yoga unwraps the coatings of protection that you build around your heart, layer by layer by layer.
• Yoga encourages you to value and respect your body; and to become aware of the games your mind plays, the stories it tells and the din it creates.
• Yoga leads you to a deep, peaceful, insightful knowledge of how beautiful you are and how you are simply ‘enough’.
• Yoga leads you to your ‘truth’.